Messaggio: #6
racconta storie
sono andato a leggere

once upon a time.....tell tale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tell-tale

A tell-tale
In a nautical or sailing context a tell-tale,

sometimes known as a tell-tail, a volte conosciuto come tell-tail

is a piece of yarn or fabric attached to a stay, any of several wires which hold a mast in place on a sailboat.

they are used in pairs, on each side of the jib;[1] there will be one tell-tale on the port stay and one on a starboard stay.

( filetti di lana rossa )

Tell-tales can also be attached to a sail, used as a guide when trimming (adjusting) a sail.

On the mainsail tell-tales are on the leech (aft edge) and when trimmed properly should be streaming backwards.

On the jib there are tell-tales on both sides of the luff of the sail.

As a general guide, the windward tell-tale should stream aft (backwards) with an occasional lift, the leeward front tell-tale should stream aft.

If one tell-tale begins to spiral, it is indicating the sail has incorrect air flow on that side.

To correct this the sail needs to move towards the opposite side.

'Tiller to tatteling tail' ( timone verso la coda che chiacchiera se il timone è a barra )

is a good phrase to remember which direction to push the tiller when the tell tale is spiraling.

A tell-tale compass is a special compass installed in the ceiling of a cabin and which can be read from below. According to Moby-Dick, a tell-tale refers to the cabin-compass, 'because without going to the compass at the helm, the captain, while below, can inform himself of the course of the ship.' [2]

https://www.google.it/search?q=telltale+...s&tbm=isch

Questo contenuto non e' visualizzabile da te Ospite. Se vuoi vederlo, REGISTRATI QUI .

i Responsabili. chissà quanto pagarebbero per essere comprati
mi dispiace aver venduto la Gitana ma son contento

22-11-2013 17:10
Trova tutti i messaggi di questo utente Cita questo messaggio nella tua risposta
Rispondi 

Messaggi in questa discussione

Vai al forum:

Utente(i) che stanno guardando questa discussione: 2 Ospite(i)